Friday 14 September 2012

New York Fashion Week.



New York fashion week finished this week so here are a few of what I thought were the highlights. This was definitely not my favorite Jeremy Scott collection, although the Rhianna Arabic nights vibe was interesting. Creatures of the wind was folky and pure with a color palette to live summer by. The details at Altzurra were lush and punchy...but perhaps more tassels than I'm keen for. Of course the Proenza boys put the bar very high...grommets on printed summer dresses? Brilliant. I'm a loyal Anna Sui fan and this collection makes want to incorporate serious embroideries and tartans, but dont they always? Derek Lam was cool and edgy...I'd like to get my hands on that tartan suit, but lets be honest nobody is wearing that in a Brisbane summer.

I'll be back soon with details. x

P.S who  else is keen as beans for London fash week?

No comments:

Post a Comment